Thursday, February 17, 2011

If Anne Frank Were A Cheesehead (I've gotta stop with the bad tasteless jokes)

I'm pretty sure this is a first. At least since the Civil War. The Democrats in the Wisconsin House of Delegates have literally gone into hiding to avoid law enforcement officers to prevent the Republican majority from having a vote on stripping public employees of their right to collective bargaining.

I have no idea how this fight got so intense (not that I knew anything about it anyway), but the entertainment value of this issue is obviously sky-high.

h/t Le Malon.

addendum: I've been informed that this happened in Texas about seven or eight years ago. About the redistricting. If that ever happens again, I have a different idea: why doesn't everybody leave Texas :)?

No comments:

Post a Comment