Saturday, May 13, 2023

TCP: The Tragedy of Mariamne - Still More More

  Chorus: 

I: The fanatic from Mod'in stripped Israel from Greece,

II: For Jews they're all known to give reason the fleece.

I: Matthias was pure and it's said he was holy

II: If virtue is this the Heeb spirit is lowly.

I: And like all those Godfools he made many babies

II: And like all those Godfools their rage spreads like rabies.

I: Since Yahweh throws tantrums without full compliance

II: But all we Greeks wanted was give Jews some science.

I: There's no prize for science so why would Jews bother?

II: Do they have some brains left for something but slaughter?

I: They kill everything from their kings to their penis,

II: If everything's dead why're they haunted by cleanness.

I: Jews say they have books but their book is just laws,

II\ Yet customs and code are ignored without cause.

I: But the world of the Jews is so empty and bland

II: It's the silence they need or they get out of hand.


(enter Marc Anthony)

Marc Anthony:

HOOOOORRROOOOOOOORRR!

I have seen horror from Brutus to Germans

Yet no Roman knife chills the blood like this vermin.

 And Rome has seen slimefilth from Crassus to Cassius

Yet no feces stays in the nostrils like ashes.

Jerusalem burns as no city of fame,

Yet light never dies for a tribe without shame.

In every last alley scenes worthy of Medea

Yet no Grecian poet could render Judea.

No place in the world with affairs quite so lurid

As this abattoir lead by their butcher King Herod.


Chorus: 

I. Yet you wanted King Herod as ally and friend

II. And a hemorrhaging pain in Augustus rear end. 

I. You wanted a monster confusion and peril

II. And so you inherited people who're feral .


Anthony: I just wanted some money to go with my trouble


Chorus II: And some Jewish girls while you reduce them to rubble.


Anthony: I just want to make Rome a place nicer than Greece.


Chorus I: It already is you laid waste to the East.


Anthony: When I first met Herod he seemed just like me.


Chorus I: I'm nothing like you -

Chorus II:                                   says the fly to the flea.


(Enter Herod) 


Anthony: He'd drink and he'd screw and he'd smoke and he'd cuss.


All: Who'd think a barbarian's made just like us?


Anthony: I'm leaving poor Israel for Egypt right now.


Chorus I: You've left Rome and Israel your problems and how.


Anthony: Anthony's gone and no payment's worth this!


Chorus II: All this just because he showed up to a bris...


Herod: 

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!

(exit Anthony)

Whores everywhere! Whores to my east and whores to my west!

Whores among priests for treyf meat to get blessed!

Whores among soldiers, whores among spies,

Whores among whores who're rabbis in disguise!

Whores that I kill or I marry like Mariamne

I shouldn't kill her just abandon like Ariadne.

Whores like her mother Alexandra the kalvah

Whored daughter to me then whored me Cleopatra.

Whores that rule nations like glorified cats

While Jews and the Arabs are left for the rats.


Chorus: 

I. You stick up for Jews and the Arabs like Moses

II.  I'm sure Yahweh won't find in your virtue some poses.


Herod: 

I guess if he he does or he doesn't's no matter

The Jews and the Arabs are as mad as a hatter.


Chorus: 

I. And Herod's quick brain has a clean bill of health,

II. I'm sure that his bloodlust is just for the wealth.


Herod: 

If I'm just so bad when it's time to kill kin

How do you explain all the kings that have been?

Cleopatra has killed all her husbands and brothers

And then she colludes with Mariamne's drek mother

So I dropped everything and I dashed to her summons.

I knew that I might not survive when I come in

So I had to think of a hole to put thumb in

So they had to know that by murdering me

They would kill someone loved like my Mariamne.

 I told Uncle Joseph to kill her if they eliminate me.

It's a shame for that price to deliver your hide

But they expected Mariamne I knew they'd abide.

But I had to offer some great bit of holdings

Not gold and/or rainment and surely not mouldings.

The balsam of Jericho's what I presented

She acted as though she meant to just rent it

But I knew she wanted the deed to forever

She thinks she can hold it and that she's so clever.

Alexandra reminded Cleopatra her oath

Aristobuls's murder revenge for us both.

Clepatra did call for a recess to pondra

But then did I speak to deranged Alexandra

I said not to kill me her daughter's a captive

You see when it comes to my life I'm adaptive.

Alexandra dejected in horror rescinded

And then we go back to our home all is mended.


Chorus: 

I. You think all is mended you dumb little Jew?


Herod: 

Of course I don't think all is mended you fool!

(Enter Mariamne) 

I'm a king and my life is perpetu'aly threatened

You try to survive in this pit of sheer terror!

I guarantee you'd make gambles riddled with errors!


Mariamne: WEEEEEEEEEAAAAAK!!

(exit Herod) 

Weak little men in the shadows at court

Who hit us and maim us and rape us for sport.

Who pray and play virtue t'all powerful Yahweh

Then bribe little men robbing poor on the highway.

There's only one man fit at court to be king,

It's sweet Uncle Joseph who'd let freedom ring.


Chorus: 

I: But Joseph was sworn to assassinate you!


Mariamne: 

If you think he was capable that's just untrue.

His history might be filled with all manner of gore

But he loved me, yes, and I loved him more!

My love for him reaches from rivers to seas

Not like for Herod who thought me a tease.

We all know I hated that murdering wretch

But he made it worse cuz he smelled and he'd kvetch

With Herod men pisched their pants holy with terror 

But woman thought Herod too feeble to scare her

He's more scared of women than women of him

And if they thought he'd power their opinion'd grow dim

He'd ply them with presents and raiment and jewels

And then he would stutter his words like his fools

Then he'd fall off his chair and he'd trip on his feet

The most powerful king would turn white as a sheet

But he dare not turn girls out or rape them for fear

That they'd hate him or make him a subject for jeer


Chorus: 

I: Is it possible Herod just wanted a love

II: From a woman who'd see through some murder thereof?


Mariamne: 

Herod's whole life's at court which he played like a master

But Israel's court couldn't drive women out faster

And Herod was built to feel hate not to love

But women for this scum was object to worship

For Yahweh's king had use for no nuanced courtship

Coitus for Herod was something for breeding

And finding her spots he'd a map of misreading

He'd go out and seduce from some book bought in Rome

God only knows what disease he brought home

His sores were like pox and it made him insane

He'd accuse me of lovers with holes in his brain


No comments:

Post a Comment