Thursday, May 11, 2023

The Tragedy of Mariamne - Some More - TCP

  Chorus: 

I: The fanatic from Mod'in stripped Israel from Greece

II: For Jews they're all known to give reason the fleece

I: Matthias was pure and it's said he was holy

II: If virtue is this the Heeb spirit is lowly 

I: And like all those Godfools he made many babies

II: And like all those Godfools their rage spreads like rabies

I: Since Yahweh throws tantrums without full compliance

II: But all we Greeks wanted was give Jews some science

I: There's no prize for science so why would Jews bother

II: Do they have some brains left for something but slaughter

I: They kill everything from their kings to their penis

II: If everything's dead why're they haunted by cleanness

I: Jews say they have books but their book is just laws

II\ Yet customs and code are ignored without cause

I: But the world of the Jews is so empty and bland

II: It's the silence they need or they get out of hand


(enter Marc Anthony)

Marc Anthony:

I have seen horror from Brutus to Germans

Yet no Roman knife chills the blood like this vermin

 And Rome has seen slimefilth from Crassus to Cassius

Yet no feces stays in the nostrils like ashes

Jerusalem burns as no city of fame

Yet light never dies for a tribe without shame

In every last alley scenes worthy of Medea

Yet no Grecian poet could render Judea

No place in the world with affairs quite so lurid

As this abattoir lead by their butcher King Herod


Chorus: 

I. Yet you wanted King Herod as ally and friend

II. And a hemorrhaging pain in Augustus rear end. 

I. You wanted a monster confusion and peril

II. And so you inherited people who're feral 


Anthony: I just wanted some money to go with my trouble


Chorus II: And some Jewish girls while you reduce them to rubble


Anthony: I just want to make Rome a place nicer than Greece


Chorus I: It already is you laid waste to the East


Anthony: When I first met Herod he seemed just like me


Chorus I: I'm nothing like you -

Chorus II:                                   says the fly to the flea


(Enter Herod) 


Anthony: He'd drink and he'd screw and he'd smoke and he'd cuss


All: Who'd think a barbarian's made just like us


Anthony: I'm leaving poor Israel for Egypt right now


Chorus I: You've left Rome and Israel your problems and how


Anthony: Anthony's gone and no payment's worth this


Chorus II: All this just because he showed up to a bris


Herod: 

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!

(exit Anthony)

Whores everywhere - 

                                    whores to the east and whores to my west

Whores among priests for treyf meat to get blessed

Whores among soldiers -

                                         whores among spies

Whores among whores who're rabbis in disguise. 

Whores that I kill or I marry like Mariamne

I shouldn't kill her -

                                 just abandon like Ariadne

Whores like her mother Alexandra the kalvah

Whored daughter to me then whored me Cleopatra

Whores that rule nations like glorified cats

While Jews and the Arabs are left for the rats


Chorus: 

I. You stick up for Jews and the Arabs like Moses

II.  I'm sure Yahweh won't find in your virtue some poses


Herod: 

I guess if he he does or he doesn't's no matter

The Jews and the Arabs are as mad as a hatter


Chorus: 

I. And Herod's quick brain has a clean bill of health

II. I'm sure that his bloodlust is just for the wealth


Herod: 

If I'm just so bad when it's time to kill kin

How do you explain all the kings that have been

Cleopatra has killed all her husbands and brothers

And then she colludes with Mariamne's drek mother

So I dropped everything and I dashed to her summons

I knew that I might not survive when I come in

So I had to think of a hole to put thumb in

So they had to know that by murdering me

They would kill someone loved like my Mariam-ne

So I told Uncle Joseph to watch Mariamne

And kill her right now should they 'liminate me

It's a shame for that price to deliver your hide

But they 'xpected Mariamne I knew they'd abide

But I had to offer some great bit of holdings

Not gold and/or rainment and surely not mouldings

The balsam of Jericho's what I presented

She acted as though she meant to just rent it

But I knew she wanted the deed to forever

She thinks she can hold it and that she's so clever

'lexandra reminded Cl'opatra her oath

Aristobuls' murder 

                               - avenge for us both

Cl'opatra did call for a recess to ponder

But then did I speak to deranged Alexandr'

I said not to kill me

                                - her daughter's a captive

You see when it comes to my life I'm adaptive

'lexandra dejected in horror rescinded

And then we go back to our home - 

                                                          all is mended


Chorus: 

I. You think all is mended you dumb little Jew?


Herod: 

Of course I don't think all is mended you fool

(Enter Mariamne) 

I'm a king and my life is perpetu'lly threatened

You try to survive in this pit of sheer terror

I guarantee you'd make mistakes 

                                                      - lethal errors


Mariamne: WEEEEEEEEEAAAAAK!!

(exit Herod) 

Weak little men in the shadows at court

Who hit them and maim them and rape them for sport

Who pray and play virtue t'all powerful Yahweh

Then bribe little men robbing poor on the highway

There's only one man fit at court to be king

It's sweet Uncle Joseph who'd make Israel sing


Chorus: 

I: But Joseph was sworn to assassinate you


Mariamne: 

If you think he was capable that's just untrue








 

No comments:

Post a Comment