Thursday, May 16, 2013

My Favorite Album - HaWinograd's Contribution

Idan Reichel Project - Within My Walls



There are way too many musical moments I could have chosen that have influenced me in some way so I'm taking this opportunity to write about an album no one will choose. Within My Walls by the Idan Raichel Project is probably one of the best examples I've ever seen of music that combines cultural styles from all over the world. Ethiopian, French, American? Check, check, check. It's all there and most of it is in Hebrew. Definitely not what you'd expect from a great album! I mean, who the hell even listens to Israeli music? The Idan Raichel Project mixes worldwide musical styles and somehow comes out with music that has crazy amounts of feeling. It's about time someone listened to Israeli music (eh, no it isn't. Just listen to this)!


...and this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95anpoEb4fM

HaWinograd practices Conspicuous Judaism in Washington, DC

Click here for Le Malon's Contribution

Click here for Atomic Sam's Contribution
Click here for La Swaynos's Contribution
Click here for Boulezian's Contribution
Click here for HaZmora's Contribution
Click here for The McBee's Contribution
Click here for Le Drgon's Contribution
Click here for The Brannock's Contribution
Click here for The Danny's Contribution
Click here for The Drioux's contribution
Click here for El Reyes's contribution
Click here for My contribtuion

No comments:

Post a Comment