Sunday, August 11, 2024

Emergency Room Haikus

emergency room
again. Cleanse ordered. No
Eating since Wednesday
Nausea, bloat, chills, thrills
The misery of humans
Brain fog, haiku hard.
Lots of wheelchairs
Old lady fell in shower
Five ribs broke. Seen first.
Cute girl catches me.
She has UTI. Eaves is
My thing. Blame me please.
Wheelchair and moaning
From lady with worry lines.
Husband: comb over...

Room smells like chlorine.
Healthy looking old man too
Friendly for ER.
Tattoos are a thing
Everybody has them now.
Even the sick do.

I am old old old.
I don't belong in new State.
Too young for this health.

Prematurely old.
Time is weirdly circular.
Cant I be young yet?

My parents are here.
Should I even be here now?
Power outage at home
Mind suffered before.
Child father of the man.
Body catches up.

Italians are here.
The American sunset.
Rich and poor subsets.
Lots of Spanish too.
Don't know how to place them yet.
Demographics tough.

A habit of art.
It helps to live and pass time.
Bad art is still art.

Emergency room.
Too many sick people here.
The best show in town.


No comments:

Post a Comment