Wednesday, July 15, 2020

When Facebook Becomes Blogging

I never particularly cared for Bari Weiss's writing, she very quickly became the Bill Maher or Howard Stern of the NY Times masthead, two years younger than me but stuck in 90s Boomer centrism and regurgitating my parents generation of Jews' talking points while the existential issues of the 2020's demand attention in ways as plain as the noses on our faces. How she's treated at the New York Times is not my issue when the end of civilization is upon us. But, very briefly, the hypocrisy of her treatment was fucking breathtaking, and for pointing out the benefits of caution and moderation and correctly pointing out the double standards in how Jews are treated in today's political melees, people reacted as though Kellyanne Conway or Sarah Huckabee Sanders had infiltrated the Times. To those who force liberals to take even thirty seconds to defend her, I say:
Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment