Tuesday, May 18, 2021

A Brief and Sad Message that I'm Sure I'll Regret in Fifteen Minutes

I just can't continue with most Baltimore peeps. I'm terribly sorry. It's so long past time and was always going to end this way. It's just too hard to keep going knowing the gulf between what they believe and what I do. It's not a safe space for Jews. That might not even matter if the left enclaves I've associated with since I got here didn't insist on safe spaces for everyone but Jews. It's only a matter of time before the slightest Jewish self-assertion is prohibited unless followed by a blanket condemnation of the Jewish community. The hypocrisy is so breathtaking.
There are all kinds of leftist Jews who give cover to the greater community of noxiousness exactly the way gay Republicans do and sell out the whole Jewish people. They don't speak for the Jewish people and in the long term will cause yet another chapter in the long history of our destruction. I don't pretend I have two legs to mount this high horse as there are many moments and periods of my life that provoke terrible shame in me. Nevertheless, after ten years here I can't pretend anymore that I don't find the whole ethos of North Baltimore hipster loathsome - gentile, Jewish, and every supposed variation within that allegedly diverse bloc. I know they judge me on an individual level for disagreeing with them loudly, and it would be fruitless to fight anymore against the urge to do the same.
I don't condone the Netanyahu government, but it wouldn't matter to most of them whether the Prime Minister is Netanyahu or Rabin, the existence of Israel is their problem, their problem's the idea that Jews can defend themselves at all against yet another regime who wishes to blot us from the planet. You all seem quite comfortable with Jews so long as we're already dead.
If I have any strength of character at all, I won't be coming to parties anymore, I won't be at bars or shows except at classical concerts where I know I won't see many people. I'm sure I won't be missed very much, and even if I obviously wish for your results to have no progress, may you all find the meaning in life you seek.
Management

No comments:

Post a Comment