Sunday, September 19, 2021

My Religion

I was going to do a long post about 'my religion' and 'my Judaism.' But I've done it so many times already... yay liberal zionism/boo Greater Israel nationalism, yay Jewish contributions to liberal gains/boo ersatz social justice progressivism, yay updating tradition for inclusivity/boo forgetting tradition, yay pro-science orthodoxy/boo reactionary orthodoxy, yay peace/boo accommodation of antisemites, yay reasoned adult understanding of differences/boo combative discussion for the sake of provocation, yay Jewish particularism/boo Jewish snobbery, yay association/boo assimilation, yay upholding tradition/boo tradition at the future's expense, yay Jewish disagreement/boo not forgiving disagreements, nobody does any of this, I hate you all, yada yada yada...
Those of you who read (and to my surprise there are a lot) have read this 50 times. Back to writing fiction that has no audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment