Friday, October 22, 2021

Tale 6: The King of Mushrooms - Rough Draft

And Abram did fall into a very bad crowd who were called 'Habirus' for they had covered their heads with dust. 

And the Habirus did deny the false gods and were outcast from the people of Haran. 

And lo, the King of Haran did say unto the Habirus: "thou art a race of thieves and deceivers who worship no idols and sacrifice to no gods. We do exile thee to the barren land of Canaan, where all is dust for from dust thou art and to dust thou shalt return." 

And lo, did Terah said to Abram "Folly is bound up in the heart of a child. Thou hast fallen in with dirty mercenaries and broken out against all sound judgement." 

And Abram did say to his father: "I am not a child, I am seventy-five." 

And Terah did answer: "thou art an errant weed who worships no graven images, sacrifices no humans, and eats nothing unclean. Surely thou art an abomination in the eyes of the Lords." 

And Abram did answer: "Surely I am unrighteous and have sinned against idolatry, I have trespassed and betrayed."

And Abram did repent of unheathen ways, and made burnt offerings of his slaves. 

And Abram did work in his fathers fields and sell his father's idols. 

But the Habirus did give Abram a mushroom which caused Abram to see all gods of the earth as an heavenly army, and a Lord of hosts proclaiming above them as a celestial King.

And the king did say unto Abram: "Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy fathers house, unto a land that I will shew thee." 

And Abram did flash back to his lordly vision manifold times. And Abram did say: "The Lord and I will make of the Habirus a great nation and bless me, and make my name great, and I shalt be a blessing.

And He will bless them that bless me, and curse them that curseth me, and in me shall all the families of the earth be blessed." 

And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and all the souls they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came.



No comments:

Post a Comment