In the wake of Haley's loss I just want to sound a note of gratitude to the people who've stood by Jewish friends and Jews in this era when the political and social pressure to disavow so many things about us is overwhelming. I'm furious at many others I know even as nothing about it surprises me except for who stood by us and who didn't. Some people I thought had our backs turned their backs, and that really hurt. Others whom I thought would never be there turned out there, and that was a joy and a comfort to see. Some of you are the righteous among us who can distinguish between nuances, find the good within the bad, understand that protection of one side does not mean the abandonment of the other, and sometimes do it at serious risk to your careers and social lives. I'm not going to name you because it does nothing good for you to be associated with us in today's climate, but you're there for us, and you will always have the loyalty of Jews even as our loyalty is a demerit against your future prospects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment